ActiveX Filtering is a new feature introduced in IE9. ActiveX Filtering allows you to browse the Web without running any ActiveX controls.
You can read more about it in the link http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Browser/ActiveXFiltering/About.html.
ActiveX Filtering is disabled by default. You can turn it on via the Tools Menu: Tools ->Safety->ActiveX Filtering
Well, we found a few cases that when you activate ActiveX Filtering and try to play a flash video in a website, you get a notification that I must update Adobe Flash. Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash doesn’t resolve the problem.
But when you de-select ActiveX Filtering, the videos play normally.
(1)Those Flash/Silverlight error messages appear if the correspondent ActiveX plugins are filtered on the site you visit. Turn off ActiveX Filtering for the site and all will be good.
(2) Add the website to the trusted sites. The idea now is to add the sites that you want to play Flash or Java contents on to the trusted sites.
Then make one small configuration change by clicking custom level button in the Tool->Internet options->Security tab, scroll down until you find the entry Allow ActiveX Filtering under ActiveX controls and plug-ins. All you need to do is to change the parameter to disable and click the ok button to save the new setting.
(3) View these webpages in Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility View.
Compatibility View forces IE to render the webpage in the IE8 document mode which does not contain the IE9 changes to the rendering engine.
To add a website to Compatibility View when you cannot get to that website, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer
- Press the ALT key on your keyboard to access the Menu
- Click Tools and then click Compatibility View Settings
- Type the address of the website into the Add this website: text box
- Click the Add button to add the site to the Compatibility View list and then close the Compatibility View Settings window
- Browse back to the website again to see if the issue is resolved
The threads we found in the forum: