Here are several issues with Remote Server Administration Tools and Windows 7 SP1.
(1) You can not install RSAT on Windows 7 SP1 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2517239/en-us).
After installing windows7 service pack 1, remote server administration update tool cannot install on the machine.
The error massage is “this update is not applicable to your computer”.
here is the repro steps if you are interested to test
1. On a Windows 7 machine, install SP1.
2. Try to install Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).
3. The error message “this update is not applicable to your computer” will appear.
Uninstall SP1, install RSAT and then apply SP1 again.
(2) 0x800f081f when you install Win7 SP1.
When you attempt to install the standalone package for Service Pack 1 for Windows 7/2008 R2, you might get the following error:
0x800f081f <–This maps to CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING
You’ll be prompted to run the CheckSUR utility and running that utility will not resolve the issue.
This may be due to a pre-release version of the RSAT tools being installed on the system. To alleviate this failure, do the following:
1. Uninstall the pre-release RSAT tools
2. Reboot the system
3. Install the release version of the RSAT tools (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d2f6ad7-656b-4313-a005-4e344e43997d&displaylang=en)
4. Reinstall SP1.
The Remote Server Administration Toolkit update to support Windows 7 Service Pack 1 has released. Come and get it: