I am a Premier Field Engineer for Microsoft specializing in PowerShell. I use this blog to share scripts that I create in the course of helping customers. I wish I could post every week, but my busy schedule allows me to post once per month. I promise to deliver deep, relevant content based on real-world issues. If you are a Microsoft Premier customer, then I can also visit your company to help you face-to-face. Feel free to contact me with any suggestions or questions.
Ashley McGlone is a Microsoft Premier Field Engineer and Honorary Scripting Guy. He helps Microsoft Premier customers achieve more through automation and education. Ashley’s TechNet blog focuses on real-world solutions using Windows PowerShell. On Microsoft Virtual Academy Ashley has a free, one-day course titled “Using PowerShell for Active Directory”. He is a frequent speaker at PowerShell events around the United States.
- Twitter: @GoateePFE
- TechNet blog: https://aka.ms/GoateePFE
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoateePFE
- PowerShell Saturday 001 Columbus, Ohio
- PowerShell Saturday 002 Charlotte, North Carolina
- PowerShell Saturday 005 Atlanta, Georgia
- PowerShell Saturday 007 Charlotte, North Carolina
- PowerShell Saturday 010 Tampa, Florida
- PowerShell Summit North America 2014
- PowerShell Summit North America 2015
- PowerShell and DevOps Global Summit 2016
- PowerShell and DevOps Global Summit 2017
- TechMentor Redmond 2012
- TechMentor Redmond 2014
- TechMentor Orlando 2014
- DogFood Con 2012
- DogFood Con 2013
- DogFood Con 2014
- DogFood Con 2015
- TechReady 15 (2012)
- TechReady 23 (2016)
- GeekReady 2012
- GeekReady 2013
- Microsoft Virtual Academy – Active Directory PowerShell
- Microsoft Virtual Academy – What’s New in PowerShell 5
- PowerScripting Podcast, episode 223
- Various PowerShell user groups
- Contact me to speak at your conference or user group.
- Chapter author in PowerShell Deep Dives community book project
- TechNet Script Gallery contributor
- See my most popular blog posts
Professional background prior to Microsoft:
- Spent 12 years writing VBScript (VBS, VBA, Classic ASP, HTA).
- Spent five years as Active Directory forest administrator for a global manufacturing company.
- Former MCT teaching Windows NT 4.0 and Windows Server 2000 certification courses with Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC).
- MCITP: Enterprise Admin on 2008. MCSE on 4.0, 2000, 2003. MCDBA on SQL 2000. A+/Net+ from 1998. MCP since 1998.
- I am not a girl. For clarification on this point see: Growing Up With A Girl’s Name
- Married more than 20 years to an amazing wife. Two sharp sons.
- Former Toastmaster. Enjoy public speaking.
Legal disclaimer I must include to cover all code posted on this blog:
This Sample Code is provided for the purpose of illustration only and is not intended to be used in a production environment. THIS SAMPLE CODE AND ANY RELATED INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. We grant You a nonexclusive, royalty-free right to use and modify the Sample Code and to reproduce and distribute the object code form of the Sample Code, provided that You agree: (i) to not use Our name, logo, or trademarks to market Your software product in which the Sample Code is embedded; (ii) to include a valid copyright notice on Your software product in which the Sample Code is embedded; and (iii) to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Us and Our suppliers from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys’ fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of the Sample Code.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.