New Microsoft Download: Active Directory Replication Status Tool

Our Microsoft Customer Service and Support experts have released a new tool for diagnosing AD replication errors: ADREPLSTATUS.  Here is the description from the download page:

The Active Directory Replication Status Tool (ADREPLSTATUS) analyzes the replication status for domain controllers in an Active Directory domain or forest. ADREPLSTATUS displays data in a format that is similar to REPADMIN /SHOWREPL * /CSV imported into Excel but with significant enhancements.
Specific capabilities for this tool include:

• Expose Active Directory replication errors occurring in a domain or forest.
  • Prioritize errors that need to be resolved in order to avoid the creation of lingering objects in Active Directory forests.
  • Help administrators and support professionals resolve replication errors by linking to Active Directory replication troubleshooting content on Microsoft TechNet.
  • Allow replication data to be exported to source or destination domain administrators or support professionals for offline analysis.

I love working for a company that invests in free tools that empower our customers!  Download your copy today.

1. Hi Neil,
    Do you have .NET 3.5.1 and .NET 4.0 installed on this old server?

2. Imprecator says:

I am having the same problem as Neil, my WIndows 2003 Server has both .Net 3.5.1 and .Net 4.0. I used Aaron Stebner’s ".Net Framework Setup Verification Utility" and it reports no problems with the .Net installs.

I asked this question here: and was adviced to contact Microsoft Support. Contacting
    Support for a free tool failing to run on a virtually discontinued OS? sounds rather far fetched to me

3. AZIYAAYAS says:

Tool works great. Just wondering if there is a way to run the tool unattended as a scheduled task and have it export the results to a network share.

4. Philippe says:

Ashley, thanks for sharing this – this tool is certainly a welcome addition to Microsoft's growing family of cmd-line tools for AD management.

I'm active on, an SME community forum on <a href="">Active Directory Security</a>, and to help spread he word, I might just mention it there as well, so others can download and use it too.

Thanks for sharing!

5. NicPace says:

Have you tried using Dynamic AD Replication Checker Tool located at

6. Neil says:

I’ve just installed this tool on a Winders Server 2003 machine, but it doesn’t load. A .net error is posted in the event viewer:
    Application: repl.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    Stack: …..

There’s lots more to that error if its useful. Have you come across this?

Welcome! Today’s post includes demo scripts and links from the Microsoft Virtual Academy event: Using PowerShell for Active Directory . We had a great time creating this for you, and I hope you will share it with anyone needing to ramp up their

8. stan says:

How do you clear an old error? I have an 8451 eirror embedded in the middle of ‘0’ return codes. I know replication is working but I can’t seem to rid of this error. For example, I just ran the ADRST on selected targets and the results were all clear except
    one. I don’t see anyway on just deleting the error message.

9. Hugo says:

Doesnt work anymore 🙁 … License is expired (Version 1.1) and you will be pointed to use the new CLOUD (!) Solution OMS… fail! This suxx! I’ll never connect my Domain Controller to the cloud (!!!!!)