SharePoint 2013: Browsing to Site Mailbox app results in Error Code 1


I wanted to give some exposure to issue I came across in my environment when I was playing with the SharePoint 2013 Site Mailbox functionality. When browsing to the Site Mailbox on my site, I encountered the following error message:

 

SharePoint Server is not correctly configured to connect to Exchange Server

One or more pre-requisites for connecting to Exchange Server could not be found. Please contact your system administrator to resolve this issue and then try again.

Correlation ID: GUID, Error Code 1

 

I checked the Event Viewer logs and the ULS logs matching up with the correlation ID thrown on the page, however nothing stood out as a failure point. Even enabling verbose logging did not point me in the right direction. After digging, the issue I found was I had accidentally installed the MSI package by double-clicking on it after I downloaded it and went through the install method. This will not work as need to run the command line as indicated in Configure site mailboxes in SharePoint 2013 documentation to properly install MSI package and ensure it is added to the GAC.

msiexec /i EwsManagedApi.msi addlocal="ExchangeWebServicesApi_Feature,ExchangeWebServicesApi_Gac"

 

Just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone encounters this. If you do, just double-click the EwsManagedApi.msi file again and select the option to remove it from the computer, and then run the above command to re-install it properly. After performing IISRESET then you should be able access the Site Mailbox app without receiving Error Code 1.

 

Comments (1)
  1. Simon Schwingel says:

    Thanks for sharing this! I ran into this issue after scaling-out the SharePoint farm with two additional WFE servers…

Comments are closed.

Skip to main content