Want to know what’s new in Windows Server 2012 and don’t have the time to install it? We have a couple of good Hands-on labs that you can do online.
I’ve compiled a list of Hands-On labs and MVA training sessions you can follow free of charge.
- Active Directory Deployment and Management Enhancements
In this lab, you will learn how to deploy Active Directory Domain Controllers with Windows Server 2012. You will deploy domain controllers using the new Server Manager, as well as deploying remote domain controllers using Windows PowerShell. You will be able to explore the new Active Directory Management tool and use its PowerShell History Viewer.
- Introduction to DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012
DirectAccess gives users the experience of being seamlessly connected to their corporate network anytime they have Internet access. In this lab, you will learn how to configure this now easy-to-install technology and provide greater mobility and ease of access for your users.
- Managing Windows Server 2012 with Server Manager and Windows PowerShell 3.0
In this lab, you will learn how the Server Manager and Windows PowerShell framework in Windows Server 2012 delivers an enhanced, multi-server management experience. You will learn to perform tasks such as multi-server management. You will also explore new Windows PowerShell capabilities including new cmdlets and the Windows PowerShell gateway.
- Managing Your Network Infrastructure with IP Address Management
Network management is core to running a business, yet the tools that IT professionals need can be too costly or not available from Microsoft. With Windows Server 2012, we change that with the introduction of IP Address Management (IPAM).
Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Windows Server 2012: Technical Overview
This course is designed to provide you with the key details on Windows Server 2012.
- Windows Server 2012: Server Virtualization
After completing this 2 module course you will have covered the new features that show Windows Server 2012 goes beyond virtualization technology.
- Windows Server 2012: Identity and Access After completing this course you will have a detailed understanding of how Windows Server 2012 enables you the ability to give workers access to data.
- Windows Server 2012: Management & Automation Windows Server 2012 introduces new management and automation features and capabilities that offer excellent total cost of ownership (TCO) as an integrated platform with comprehensive, multi-computer manageability. This course covers a number of these new features.