Now that Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 are released to manufacturing you could need some help to deploy those operating systems.Get a head start with Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0. Over 690,000 Microsoft customers and partners including Costco Wholesale Corporation, Continental Airlines, and Banque de Luxembourg have already downloaded and used this toolkit to date.
Introducing Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 is an integrated planning toolkit that makes it easier for Microsoft customers and partners to quickly identify what servers, workstations, and network devices are in their IT environment. This agentless and scalable toolkit has the ability to discover all computers within Active Directory and workgroup environments. It performs key functions that include hardware and device inventory, hardware compatibility analysis, and generation of actionable, environment-specific IT proposals for migration to most major Microsoft technologies.
What’s New with v4.0?
Version 4.0 of this toolkit has the following new features:
- Windows 7 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- Virtualization Candidates Assessment for Hyper-V R2 Server Consolidation
- Integration with the Microsoft Integrated Virtualization ROI Calculator
- Inventory of VMware Server Hosts and Guests
- User Interface and Proposal Customization for Partner co-branding
- Enhanced Usability and Improved Inventory Performance
In addition, most of the features from version 3.2 have also been carried over to version 4.0:
- Virtualization Candidates Assessment for Hyper-V Server Consolidation
- Windows Vista Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- Windows Server 2008 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- 2007 Microsoft Office Readiness Assessment
- SQL Server Instance Discovery
- Desktop Security Assessment for Anti-virus and Anti-malware Programs Installation
- Forefront Client Security/NAP Readiness Assessment
- App-V Infrastructure Readiness Assessment
- Power Savings “Green IT” Proposal
Next Steps–How can I get Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0?