VMM 2008 R2 Beta is a comprehensive management solution for virtualized infrastructure that takes advantage of many of the great new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta including:
- Live Migration: Enables the movement of running virtual machines from one virtual host to another with no downtime.
- Clustered Shared Volumes: Helps enable Live Migration and eliminates the previous one LUN per virtual machine requirement thus simplifying SAN administration.
- Hot addition/removal of storage: Allows the addition and removal of new virtual hard disks (VHDs) and iSCSI pass-through disks running on virtual infrastructure.
- Networking optimizations: two new technologies -- Virtual Machine Queue (VMQ) and Chimney - provide increased network throughput while reducing CPU load.
Call to action:
- Sign up for the beta: https://connect.microsoft.com/SelfNomination.aspx?ProgramID=3021&pageType=1&SiteID=799
- Download either the Full Software install or the pre-configured VHD