The product team is excited to announce the availability of the Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate, on Microsoft Connect.
The key goals of this public distribution of the Service Pack 1 RC is to gain additional feedback from production deployments, to satisfy customers who are awaiting a stable product before the end of the year, and assure that the final RTM is of the highest possible quality. The RTM of Service Pack 1 is targeted for mid-February 2008, and will:
- Address critical customer initiated issues, including a roll-up of all hotfixes.
- Improve the ability to deploy and use Operations Manager 2007.
- Enhance the supportability of Operations Manager 2007.
This Service Pack 1 RC is a publicly available release that is fully supported, and which will be fully upgradable to the final RTM version of the Service Pack. Support options include:
- A dedicated SP1 newsgroup at Microsoft.public.opsmgr.sp1 (available under http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx)
- Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS)
To learn more about the service pack and to download the release candidate do the following:
- Go to http://connect.microsoft.com and sign-in with your Live ID
- Click on the "My Participation" link
- Select the "System Center Operations and Service Management" link
For customers who were not already part of the OpsMgr beta they can sign-up via the http://connect.microsoft.com/systemcenter page.