The DPM website has been updated (www.microsoft.com/DPM) - with new information on the upcoming release of DPM 2007, pricing/licensing details, and best of all - new downloads.
We have a release candidate for DPM 2007 - and now everyone can start to evaluate it.
This evaluation downloadable is the complete feature set for the upcoming release, so check out:
- Blending continuous data protection with traditional tape backup
- Protection for Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and even 2008-previews
- Protection for Exchange Server 2003 and 2007
- Protection for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 & WSS 3.0
- Protection for Virtualized Environments hosted on Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
- Protection for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 files and shares
- Windows XP Professional (sp2) and Windows Vista Business edition or better
- System State protection
- Command-line control through Windows PowerShell
And new since Beta 2 for this evaluation and the upcoming RTM:
- Document-level restore for SharePoint
- Bare Metal Recovery
Source: Jason Buffington