Today we released Service Pack 1 for Virtual Server 2005 R2 to the web.
What's new in Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1?
- Support for Hardware-Assisted Virtualization
- Support for additional guest and host operating systems
- VHD Mount command-line tool and APIs
- Improved scalability support (Up to 256 GB of memory, Up to 512 VMs etc)
- Interoperability with Volume Shadow Copy Service
- Service Publication using Active Directory Service Connection Points
- Installation of Linux guests on a SCSI virtual hard drive
- Default size increased to 127 GB for dynamically expanding virtual hard disks
- VMRC ActiveX control now uses the Internet Explorer Security Zones
- Host clustering whitepaper