Here is more information about the “Building end-to-end Infrastructure security” sessions in the Security track during the Dev & IT Pro days.
Join John Craddock and Sally Storey for a holistic approach to implementing security.
Like many IT professionals, you might have attended security seminars and sessions over the years and gained an appreciation of the various security technologies available. But when, where and how these technologies can and should be leveraged can often be confusing.
Infrastructure security is frequently only considered once server roles and network connectivity has been implemented, a problem made worse by inadequate training. When security technologies are not deployed until late in a project, the result can be poor implementation, weak documentation and compliance testing.
Presenter: John Craddock
John Craddock has designed and implemented computing systems ranging from embedded high-speed industrial controllers through to distributed IT solutions. John lectures internationally and has written and presented technical sessions at MTB, MEC, Tech·Ed, Microsoft IT Forum, JDP and deployment conferences.
Demos by: Sally Storey
Sally is ITIL qualified and specialises in building process that keep systems highly available and secure.
- Identifying business assets
- Threat modeling
- Security policy and response planning
- Deploying IPSec for domain and server isolation
- Building rules and filters
- Identifying protocol and port requirements
- Firewall configurations
- Managing server roles and lockdown policies
- Patch management and compliance testing
- Creating Software Restriction Policies (SRP)
- Least privileged user access
- Establishing client security and software policy
- Client and server attack vectors
- Managing through group policies
- Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Vista security enhancements
Don’t miss these sessions and register for the Dev & IT Pro Days 2007