When using Package Accelerators with the Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 Service Pack 1 (App-V 4.6 SP1) Sequencer you end up with EXACT same package as the one used to create the Package Accelerator. In the case of Microsoft Office, you will end up with all the File Type Associations (FTA) for the latest version of Office (.DOCX, .XLSX, .PPTX) as well as the original Office formats (.DOC, .XLS, .PPT).
File Type Associations can be edited on the Client and on the Management Server, but they can also be edited on the App-V Sequencer. If you created a package from a Package Accelerator, you may have a need to open a package to edit the File Type Associations.
Steps to Follow:
1. Revert your sequencer to the clean snapshot.
2. Copy the package you want to edit locally to the Sequencer
3. Launch the Sequencer
4. Select "Modify an Existing Virtual Application Package"
5. Select "Edit Package."
6. Browse to and Select the package you want to edit and click EDIT.
7. Once the package is loaded browse to the OSD tab and select the application you want to edit from the "Select Application" dropdown.
8. Expand MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>FILEEXENTSIONLIST and then FILEXTENSION until you find the File Type Association you want to delete.
9. Right-click and delete the SHELLNEW first.
10. Right-click and delete the FILEEXTENSION.
11. Repeat as needed for additional File Type Associations.
12. Save the package.
13. Copy the package to the App-V Content Share.
How to Delete a File Type Association (client) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817121.aspx
How to Configure Shortcut and File Type Association Behavior http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee956916.aspx
Office documents may not open in the expected version when using multiple versions of Office with Microsoft App-V http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2011/08/25/office-documents-may-not-open-in-the-expected-version-when-using-multiple-versions-of-office-with-microsoft-app-v.aspx
App-V Package Accelerator downloads: www.tinyurl.com/appvpa
Additional posts on Package Accelerators can be found here.
Steve Bucci | Senior Support Escalation Engineer
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
AVIcode Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/avicode
ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
OOB Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/oob/
Opalis Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/opalis
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
OpsMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/
SCMDM Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mdm/
SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
System Center Essentials Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The Forefront Server Protection blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/fss/
The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/
The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/
The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/