A virtualized application on an App-V client fails to launch with the following error:
The Application Virtualization Client could not launch application name.
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Error code: xxxxxxx-xxxxxx2A-0000274D
This issue can occur if the HREF attribute in the application .osd file is configured to use the RTSPS protocol but the App-V Management Server is configured to use the RTSP protocol.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
1. On the App-V Management Server, open the application .osd file and scroll down to the following line:
2. Change the protocol from RTSPS to RTSP and the port number from 322 to 554 like the example below:
3. Save the application .osd file.
4. Open the Application Virtualization Client MMC snap-in on the App-V client and refresh the Publishing Server.
5. Launch the application on the App-V client.
For the latest version of the article see the link below:
KB2417815 – A virtualized application on an App-V client fails to launch with Error Code 2A-0000274D
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer
The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
The WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The SCMDM Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mdm/
The ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
The OpsMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/
The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/
The MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
The DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
The OOB Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/oob/
The Opalis Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/opalis