A sensible question to ask is how you know whether your Streaming Server has settings that result in sub-optimal server performance. Enter the Microsoft Application Virtualization Best Practices Analyzer tool. The App-V BPA is a tool used to scan an App-V Management or Streaming Server for configuration settings that could result in sub-optimal server performance. The App-V BPA produces standardized reports that are generated by the Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer.
Key Features Included Are:
- Scanning of local and remote servers
- A single BPA installation can scan multiple servers
- HTML-format report is displayed upon completion of the scan
- XML-format report with the results of the scan is saved to the current directory
- Warnings and errors have specific actionable guidance
- Console-based operation
What Does A Report Look Like?
Some Useful Tips
- You’re not limited to running the App-V BPA only against a Streaming Server.
- It is a recommended best practice to install the App-V BPA in the default program files location as it has ACL based security applied.
Where Do I Find It?
-The App-V Team