Microsoft is creating a raft of webcasts to cover the Virtualisation 360 story that talks about virtualisation from Desktop to Data centre.
Today, Microsoft’s virtualization toolset for the data centre includes:
1. Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, which consolidates server roles as separate virtual machines (VMs) on a single physical machine.
2. On the desktop side, we offer Microsoft Terminal Services, which virtualizes the presentation of entire desktops or specific applications;
3. Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V), which transforms applications into centrally-managed virtual services that are never installed and don’t conflict with other applications;
4. Microsoft VDI, which allows customers to centralize the storage, execution, and management of a Windows desktop in the data centre; and Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V, formerly Kidaro) which, with Virtual PC, enables client-hosted desktop virtualization, where you can deploy and centrally manage VMs on Windows desktops while providing a seamless user experience.
5. To simplify management of your entire infrastructure, we offer Microsoft System Center, which lets you manage both physical and virtual assets for clients and servers, including multiple hypervisors, all with the same platform.
The webcasts are designed to cover the Microsoft Virtualisation story from Desktop to Data centre
- 01/14/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization in a Nutshell
- 01/16/2009, TechNet Webcast: Selecting the Right Candidates for Virtualization
- 01/21/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualizing Test and Development Environments for a Quick Return on Investment
- 01/23/2009, TechNet Webcast: Managing the Virtualized Test and Development Environment
- 01/28/2009, TechNet Webcast: If I Virtualize It, How Do I Manage It?
- 01/29/2009, TechNet Webcast: Consolidation and Rapid Provisioning
- 02/04/2009, TechNet Webcast: Building on Your Existing Virtual Environment
- 02/06/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization Solutions for High Availability
- 02/11/2009, TechNet Webcast: Client-Side Virtualization
- 02/13/2009, TechNet Webcast: Using Presentation Virtualization
- 02/18/2009, TechNet Webcast: Scaling Terminal Services Out (1/2)
- 02/20/2009, TechNet Webcast: Scaling Terminal Services Out (2/2)
- 02/25/2009, TechNet Webcast: Running Legacy Applications with Virtualization (1/2)
- 02/27/2009, TechNet Webcast: Running Legacy Applications with Virtualization (2/2)
- 03/04/2009, TechNet Webcast: Creating a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- 03/06/2009, TechNet Webcast: Securing the Virtual Environments
- 03/11/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization with Centralized, Policy-Based Management
- 03/13/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization Solutions in Branch Offices
- 03/20/2009, TechNet Webcast: Road Map for the Future of Virtualization
- 03/24/2009, TechNet Webcast: Managing Virtual Solutions