My favourite was:
“Upgrade from 2005 looked easy therefore left and went to lunch and exhibition.” That was the plan for SQL Server 2008; make it so easy so that IT Pro’s get to have lunch.
Also we got back
“As we currently use 2005 infrastructure knowing what to do when the migration is required . Very informative by both presenters. Thankyou I found the session very informative and I took a lot of notes in preparation”
But on the downside
“Too dumbed down not enough technical content.”
“No clear indication of upgrade tools to download.”
So you can’t please all the people all the time and for those that didn’t see the last slide of this session :
And the links from this slide are:
- Get SQL Server 2008 CTP6 (btw this includes the SQL Server 2008 upgrade advisor)http://www.microsoft.com/sql/2008/default.mspx
- Get SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1470e86b-7e05-4322-a677-95ab44f12d75&displaylang=en
- Get Application Compatibility Testing http://ssua.scalabilityexperts.com/
- Try the DTS Migration Tool http://dtsxchange.com/
- Talk to Us: email@example.com and http://blogs.technet.com/andrew firstname.lastname@example.org and http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/thepremiers
The point of all of this is that your comments are picked up, your evaluations do matter, so when we’re on the TechNet Road Shows next week please fill in the feedback as it’s more fun for us and for you if you get the road shows you want.