Important: You should always read the Management Pack Guide first before you import the management pack(s) into your management group(s). It is also highly recommended to test in a lab environment whenever possible prior to introducing anything into your production environment(s). The information being provided are only snippets of the Management Pack Guide and other details. This article is being provided as information awareness only and doesn’t mean that I have had the chance to test or verify any of the provided content.
This management pack provides capabilities to discover, monitor, and manage your Microsoft Azure SQL Databases
Note:There are multiple files available for this download.Once you click on the "Download" button, you will be prompted to select the files you need.
The Microsoft Azure SQL Database Management Pack enables you to monitor the availability and performance of Azure SQL Databases.
After configuration, the Microsoft Azure SQL Database Monitoring Management Pack offers the following functionalities:
- User-friendly wizard to discover Microsoft Azure SQL Database servers
- Provides availability status of Microsoft Azure SQL Database server
- Collects and monitors health of Azure SQL Database Elastic Pools
- Collects and monitors health of Azure SQL Database databases
- Monitors health of Database Geo-Replication
New Features and Fixes in Microsoft Azure SQL Database Management Pack (Community Technology Preview 2) v.184.108.40.206
- Implemented performance improvements
- Improved error handling in Add Monitoring Wizard
- Fixed issue: "Collect Elastic Database Pool Number of Databases" rule does not collect performance data if REST monitoring is used
- Fixed issue: "Operations Manager Expression Filter Module" error messages appear in the Operations Manager event log
- 5/3/2012 - Original release, version 220.127.116.11
- 6/14/2016 - version 18.104.22.168
- 12/6/2016 - version 22.214.171.124 CTP1
- 3/6/2017 - version 126.96.36.199 CTP2
- System Requirements
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2012
- Other Software:
System Center Operations Manager 2012 SP1, System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2, System Center Operations Manager 2016
- Install Instructions
- For detailed instructions on setup, configuration and monitoring refer to the management pack guide.
March, 2017 (version 188.8.131.52 CTP2)
· Implemented performance improvements
· Improved error handling in Add Monitoring Wizard
· Fixed issue: "Collect Elastic Database Pool Number of Databases" rule does not collect performance data if REST monitoring is used
Fixed issue: "Operations Manager Expression Filter Module" error messages appear in the Operations Manager event log
Microsoft Azure SQL Database Management Pack is designed for the System Center Operations Manager 2012. Any versions prior to Operations Manager 2012 are not supported.
This management pack has been tested on Windows Server 2012 R2. Other versions of Windows operating system have not been tested.
It is recommended that no more than 140 databases per proxy agent are monitored to avoid spikes in CPU usage that may affect the performance agents and monitored servers.
The current version of the management pack supports upgrade from 1.6.x versions of the management pack. At that, the existing Run As configuration remains in operation.
Note: installation of .NET Framework 4.6.1 (at least) is required.