The Internet Information Services Management Pack provides proactive and reactive monitoring of your Internet Information Services (IIS) environment.
- This management pack provides an early warning to administrators on issues that could affect services so that administrators can investigate and take corrective action, if necessary. The management pack helps to simplify the administrative environment by providing a single console for the administrator to perform a number of useful management tasks. To help troubleshoot common issues, the management pack contains helpful product knowledge and a way to extend this knowledge through adding your own company or organization knowledge related to an issue.
The IIS MP provides monitoring of the following objects:
- Web Sites
- Application Pools
- FTP Servers
- NNTP Servers
- SMTP Servers
- 1/10/2016 – version 10.0.6.0
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2016
- This management pack is supported to run in System Center 2016, System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 Operations Manager R2
- Please refer to MP Guide for instruction.
Some Key Things inside the Management Pack and Documentation
· Fixed bug: SCOM was alerting if World Wide Web Publishing Service was disabled manually.
· Fixed bug: Web Management service was discovered even if it was not installed.
· Start all IIS Services, Stop all IIS Services, and Restart all IIS Services tasks were fixed to work with IIS services correctly.
The System Center Management Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Internet Information Services 10 supports monitoring Internet Information Services (IIS) 10 on Windows Server 2016 on System Center 2012 R2 and System Center 2016.
Please note that Nano Server monitoring is supported by SCOM 2016 only.
For detailed information about installation of IIS server role on Nano Server, see IIS on Nano Server article.
Before you import the System Center Management Pack for Internet Information Services 10, note the following limitation of the management pack and perform the corresponding actions:
· Agentless monitoring is not supported. You must deploy an agent on every Internet Information Services (IIS) 10 server that you want to manage.
· Install the up-to-date version of Windows Server 2016 Base Operating System Management Pack.
The download package includes the following files:
These files enable you to monitor IIS 10 (on Windows Server 2016). Note that the management pack guides that include information on IIS 5.0, IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0, IIS 8.0 and IIS 8.5 are separate from this guide.
This guide documents information specific to the Internet Information Services 10 Management Pack for Windows Server 2016.
Information about performance collection rules that are disabled by default in this management pack is provided in Appendix A. Since the action of collecting data about performance has a performance cost itself, enable only the performance collection rules that you care about.
You may need to customize your management pack. Certain accounts cannot be run in a low-privilege environment or must have minimum permissions. If you operate in a low-privilege computing environment, you may need to elevate the level of permissions assigned to the accounts you use for running management pack rules, monitors, discoveries, recoveries, and diagnostic tasks. These accounts must have minimum permissions in order for management pack components to run properly.
The System Center Management Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Internet Information Services 10 requires local administrator privileges to discover, monitor, and execute tasks. For the management pack discoveries, monitors, tasks, and diagnostics that require administrative privileges, the management pack uses the Privileged Management Run As profile, configured by default to use the Local System account.