For those who have not read the two posts yet, briefly the System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 (SSP) is a fully supported, partner extensible solution that enables you to dynamically pool, allocate, and manage compute, network and storage resources to deliver a private cloud platform in you datacenter. Installed with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 the self-service portal consists of three components:
- VMMSSP website component. A web-based component that provides a user interface to the self-service portal.
- VMMSSP database component. A SQL Server database that stores information about configured assets and other information related to tasks performed in the portal.
- VMMSSP server component. A Windows service that runs default and customized virtual machine actions that the user requests through the VMMSSP website.
· Automation and Guidance: To assess, plan and design your private cloud foundation infrastructure
· Customer/business unit on-boarding: Automated workflows to onboard business unit IT departments onto to your virtualized shared resource pool
· Dynamic provisioning engine: To rapidly provision virtualized infrastructure in conjunction with System Center and Hyper-V
· Self-Service portal: To empower consumers of IT to request and provision infrastructure for their apps/services
· Partner Extensibility: Enable partners to expose their unique hardware capabilities through familiar Microsoft scripting technologies while providing variety and flexibility to IT
Want more info?
- Visit the official Microsoft System Center VMM Self-Service Portal 2.0 blog.
- Read my two blogs at Creating a Private Cloud Part 1 and Part 2,
- Visit the Put the Cloud to Work For Your Organization site
- Visit the new Cloud Centre on TechNet
Questions or Comments?