Microsoft recently started running a series of chat sessions where senior Microsoft executives talk about the areas they are working on and where you get the opportunity to pose questions to them. You can pre-submit your questions when you register or ask them live during the chat. The chats are specifically designed with the user group leader and members in mind, together with other technical community experts. Each is an hour in length, repeated at different times of day so you don’t need to attend at 3:00am just because you don't happen to live in Redmond. Upcoming events include Microsoft executives from Windows, Office, Developer Tools, Exchange/OCS, Microsoft Research, Microsoft IT and more. In addition, we'd love to hear from you with suggestions as to who you would to hear from.
If you would like to register for any fire side chat, please go to http://ug.gitca.org/sites/FireSideChats and click on the register link. You can also find the up to date list of Fire Side Chats at the site, as well as a link to a survey so you can give us feedback.
Here are the Fire Side Chats we have scheduled for the remainder of 2009 and early 2010: -
- Dec 3rd Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 - Solution Accelerator
- Dec 8th SharePoint 2010 for Developers
- Dec 10th What’s new in Office 2010 and Implications for IT Pro’s
- Dec 15th What’s new in Office 2010 for Developers
- Dec 17th SharePoint 2010 for IT Professionals
- Jan 12th Microsoft IT: Chief Architect and CTO
You can find more details on each of these (and register) at