Active Directory Migration Tool v3.2 (ADMT) and Migration Guide released

ADMT v3.2 has been updated and re-released at https://connect.microsoft.com/site1164. To download the tool, you will need to sign in to the Connect site and sign up for the "Azure AD connection program."

The tool version remains 3.2 because the update does not include any new functionality. The main changes were to allow the tool to be installed on any version of Windows Server and allow it to migrate computers that run any version of Windows.

The ADMT Migration Guide is also updated and available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6D710919-1BA5-41CA-B2F3-C11BCB4857AF&displaylang=en and online at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974332(WS.10).aspx.

Justin [MSFT]

Active Directory Documentation Team

1. Thanks Hemananth. I am getting same error. I’m told someone is working to correct it. I will reply back when fixed.

Justin [MSFT]

are

3. Ok, the link is fixed. Thanks again to everyone who reported this.

Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

4. Hi Cyrill,
    Thanks for asking. You have to sign in to Connect site at
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site1164. You may have to join the Azure AD connection program. I will update the guide to make this more clear.

Thanks,
    Justin [MSFT]

5. Thanks for reporting this Giovanni. Another person who works here at Microsoft also reported an error but I am not able to repro. The links are working for me. Are you able to join the Azure AD Connect program? That is a requirement in order to download
    anything from the AD Connect site.

6. Thanks for reporting this Igor. The link is working for me. Are you signing in using a Microsoft account (aka Live ID)? Thanks,
    Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

7. Thanks for reporting it Nathan. The link is working for me now, so I would just retry. I think if you get an error that you don’t have permission, then you have an option to report the error. I encourage anyone who gets that error to report it accordingly
    and if you leave a note here as well, I will alert web team to same error. Hopefully that can help them diagnose and resolve the error.

Thanks,
    Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

8. Thanks Kavi. the link is working for me now. No, you do not need an azure subscription. Just sign in using a Microsoft account (aka Live ID) and sign up for the Azure AD Customer Connect program.

Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

9. The links are working again for me now. Can you let us know if that is not the case for you? I appreciate everyone’s patience with this. It’s been frustrating us too because we can’t get consistent error repros.

Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

10. The site owners say the link is working for them too, both in regular IE and in-private instance. If you experience an error, please let us know what error you are seeing, along with what browser you are using and any other repro steps that may help. You
    should be signing in by using a Microsoft account. We really appreciate everyone’s help with this. It’s been a difficult error to diagnose because we can’t get consistent error repros.

Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

11. Thanks for reporting the errors Rich and Ayana. Now I am getting Server Error in ‘/’ Application too. I have reported this to a Connect site contributor.

Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

Link is still broken.

Basically every link "linking" to the download of ADMT 3.2 is broken. The only link that does seem to work is the link to download the ‘Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT) Guide: Migrating and Restructuring Active Directory Domains’, which doesn’ service
    much of a purpose without the actual tool.

14. Hi Paul,
    Sorry for this and thanks for letting us know. Please report the error ID via the Help link, and retry periodically. I just tried and the link works for me. I have reported this to the engineering team that hosts the web site.

Thanks,
    Justin

15. Thanks for reporting this Simon. Can you try opening the link in a new IE instance? In my case, I got an error if I try to open the link in my current IE instance, but if I open a new in-private IE instance, the link is working. I have reported this to
    the site owners.

Justin

16. Thanks for reporting this. I am not able to repro this error – the link and download are working for me. But I have passed your comment to the Connect site owners. Can you retry?

Justin [Active Directory Documentation Team]

17. BUBBA says:

will admt migrate from a domain/forest that is at 2012 level to domain that is at 2003 domain/forest level?

18. Khan says:

if I install ADMT on a Windows Server 2008 R2 as a Separate VM, will it be able to Migrate from Source forest based on Windows Server 2003/2008 R2 to a Target Forest based on Windows Server 2012 R2 ???

19. Cyrill says:

LInk is brocken how i can download it now ?

20. Hemananth S says:

Even after login with the Microsoft Account, I’m not able to download the ADMT latest version. Kindly update the link to download the ADMT tool.

21. Giovanni says:

Hi,

the link is broken again. Is it possible fix it? Thanks

22. Rich M says:

The link is unreliable; sometimes I can connect to the Microsoft Connect website and sometimes not.
    I cannot register for Azure AD Connect programme either, I get directed to an ‘Update your account details’ page and when I click the save button at the bottom, I’ve had a couple of different errors including a 404.
    Using Firefox Developer but have also tried in Chrome with the same results.

23. Rich M says:

Further to my comments, this is the message which is appearing:

"The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

If this error continues, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this error ID in your e-mail: 66d96be9-3888-4877-9ebf-e224ae933400"

24. Rich M says:

The help link also produces exactly the same error.

25. ayana576 says:

As with previous posters, receiving either the error above or a runtime error when trying to access the Connect home page:

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Runtime Error
    Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

26. ayana576 says:

edit to my previous comment:
    …receiving either the error above or a runtime error when trying to access different pages on the site..

27. Igor A says:

The link does not work.
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site1164/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=53423 This link display the same error: "Page Not Found

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: a0e9f973-b390-4ad9-bb7f-ccc17e94383c "

How can I download ADMT?

Best regards, Igor.

28. Kavi says:

Link is not working. I used my live account. Do I need azure subscription for use this? Need to download ADMT as soon as possible. Plz help.

29. JR22 says:

I have signed up for that program with my live account, but I still get the same error in both IE and Firefox:
    Page Not Found

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: 7eeb71de-4996-4112-ad8c-ab425b61d6e2

Please advise, as I need this soon.

30. JR22 says:

Still same issue:
    Page Not Found

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: f55b8356-56c1-452a-a94f-f53205a5d2cd

31. Vinny P. says:

Still an issue as of 3/4/2015.

32. Nathan B says:

Just tried the download link and it’s broken. Tried with alternate browser too 🙁

33. Paul Shepherd says:

Hi, I am trying to download ADMT 3.2, if I use the following link:

I get the message:

Page Not Found

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: 9a2fc878-b7dd-4383-b402-9dbd9776c892

Microsoft Connect welcome page.

I have joined the Azure Active Directory Customer Connect site

34. Lubomir Habala says:

I’m also always getting the error:

If this error continues, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this error ID in your e-mail: 9ec0d409-9a85-4e05-8e85-4a8ba6d09199

I’ve tried several times within the several days, using different browsers – still the same
    Would it be possible to fix it completely? Can somebody explain why it cannot be downloaded from download center like other MS "free" tools?

35. Adi says:

Pathetic !
    Even a small blog works better that this page. Links are not working.

36. JB says:

links still not working. This does make Microsoft look really bad.

37. Dan_IT says:

Link to download not working

38. Erik Schellekens says:

It’s disgraceful that all that try to download the tool, are send back to the woods with a mere try periodically. Can it be copied from somewhere else like e.g. installation media? Or fix the links permanently? How hard can it be?

39. terry lanfear says:

Thank you for the feedback. The links on MS Connect are now working, see
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site1164. You may need to join the Azure Active Directory Customer Connection program to obtain access to the download package. To join, go to
    https://connect.microsoft.com/directory/non-feedback. If a link does not work for you after signing in with your Microsoft account and joining the Azure Active Directory Customer Connection
    program, contact MS Connect Support via their Help link.

Thanks,
    Terry

40. VIJAY KUMAR SINGH says:

THANKS

41. Emr says:

Link not working!

42. Fergal says:

Link does NOT work!!!

43. Ahmet2 says:

How can i download admt v3.2? I can’t download on the link? also, i can’t find on other web sites? Could you share on different somewhere? Please help.

44. Walle says:

That site is such a piece of ***!!!!! I’m close to throwing this pos server out the window.